Travelling to Botswana is always an adventure, but when you travel as a family is a remarkable adventure. We have curated this safari experience keeping the little ones in mind.
The minimum stay is 4 nights, combining 2 nights in Chobe Game Lodge and 2 additional nights at any other lodge from the below portfolio:
For the most rewarding and complete family safari experience, we suggest spending at least 8 nights: 2 nights in Chobe Game Lodge and 6 nights split amongst the lodges mentioned above. The children and the adults will be delighted by the change in scenery and the variety of activities offered.
Your days will be spent on exciting safari activities and exploring the pristine wilderness of Botswana. In addition, there are also opportunities to engage with local communities and their children.
Note: minimum age for children is 6 years old
• Accommodation in family rooms throughout the itinerary
• Safari activities on a private basis
• Transfers by light aircraft between lodges
• The memories you will create as a family
- 8 nights / 9 days
- Transfers by 4×4 open vehicle: Kasane airport – Chobe Game Lodge – Kasane airport
- Transfers by light aircraft between lodges
- All meals, drinks, park fees and activities included
The best time to live this experience is between June and October.
The children would love to see the hundreds of zebras that come to quench their thirst on the Boteti River.
Days 1 & 2
Once you arrive at Kasane International Airport, your guide will pick you up and drive you to Chobe Game Lodge, where you will enjoy a magical stay at the only lodge located inside the Chobe National Park.
Whilst staying at Chobe Game Lodge, you will be able to choose from 2 daily safari activities: open 4×4 game drives or solar powered boating safaris. Look for big herds of elephants drinking, hippos swimming, and crocodiles resting on the riverbanks.
When not on safari, you can relax in the comfort of your family room and enjoy the views of the river and the wildlife from your private deck or take a refreshing dip into the swimming pool.
Days 3 & 4:
A light aircraft will take from Kasane to the Moremi Game Reserve. Your guide will be waiting for you at the strip. A short road transfer by 4×4 will take you through the wild areas of the reserve until you reach Camp Moremi.
Over the next 2 days, you will enjoy private game drives led by your expert guide. The Moremi Game Reserve is well-known for its prolific wildlife: lions, wild dogs, elephants, buffalos, different antelopes, giraffes, and varied birdlife. Additionally, motorboat safaris are available to explore the Okavango Delta channels and lagoons.
Between the safari activities, you can relax by the pool or have a siesta whilst the children enjoy camp based activities.
Days 5 & 6
Enjoy breakfast and the last morning safari activity at your previous accommodation. Road transfer to the airfield where you will board a light aircraft to Nxaragha Island in the heart of Okavango Delta. Your guide will be waiting to transfer you to Camp Okavango.
Spend the next 2 days exploring the rich habitat of the Okavango Delta on a mokoro (traditional dug-out canoe), motor boat and guided bush walks. Expect an immersive Okavango Delta water based safari experience!!!
Optional activities: fishing excursions (seasonal) and a scenic helicopter flight over the Okavango Delta (additional fees apply).
Back in camp, choose to relax in the privacy of your luxury tent or spend time observing the breathtaking scenery around you.
Days 7 & 8
After the last morning safari at your previous lodge, you will get transferred to the airfield where you will board a light aircraft toward Makgadikgadi N.P. Your guide will be waiting for you at the airfield. Road transfer to Leroo La Tau, a beautiful camp which overlooks the Boteti River.
Explore the area around the Boteti River on 4×4 open safari vehicles for 2 days. The Boteti River is the only water source in this area and acts as a magnet attracting big herds of elephants, zebras, wildebeests, kudus, and impalas. And with the abundance of the game along the river, the big predators come along!
In between activities you can relax in the camp. Enjoy the views of the Boteti River and animals coming to drink from your private veranda, or spend some time talking to the friendly local staff.
You will be transferred to the airfield for your next flight to Maun, where you will connect with your outbound flight.
- Shared light aircraft inter-camp transfers beginning in Kasane and finishing in Maun (it is possible to do the itinerary in reverse order)
- Road transfers from/to Kasane airport to/from Chobe Game Lodge
- Accommodation in spacious family rooms
- Fully inclusive basis at all the lodges: all meals, local drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), laundry service, park fees and 2 safari activities per day
- Private family safari activities
- A dedicated person coordinating meals and activities for the family
- Gift backpack for children between 6 and15 years old, containing material for activities
- Fully adapted activities for the children whilst in camp
Get in touch with our expert team
- International and regional flights
- Premium brand drinks and champagne
- Optional extension to VictoriaFalls: it will be quoted separately
- Personal travel and medical insurance
- Optional activities: helicopter scenic flight
- Private road/air transfers or activities unless specified
- Personal expenses (gifts, curio shopping, phone calls etc)
- Tips and gratuities
Daily departures. Subject to availability at the time of enquiry